- Rhebo presents integrated network monitoring solution for industrial control systems
- Exclusive lectures shed light on PoC concept and edge computing approaches for industrial IT security
- Monitoring designed for OT systems ensures both cyber security and plant availability
Leipzig/Nuremberg, Germany, November 5, 2019 – Under the motto "Smart Production Solutions" this year's SPS trade fair focuses on the future of automation and digital manufacturing. The developments are also characterized by new challenges for the continuous and efficient safeguarding of cyber defence as well as plant availability. Thus, Rhebo will present further enhancements to its established ICS monitoring system with anomaly detection at the leading trade fair for automated industry. The solution, which was specially developed for OT environments, offers complete, detailed visibility into all assets, properties and communication processes in industrial control systems.
Visitors to the only (still independent European) provider of a combined solution for the protection against professional cyber attacks and the identification of technical error states can experience how to ensure the undisturbed operation of their ICS without having to change the existing infrastructure. Rhebo's network monitoring solution is based on a minimally invasive, integrative approach. This allows hardware-based integration at ICS nodes as well as software-based integration on existing gateway components, such as industrial routers from INSYS icom or Bosch Rexroth.
Visitors to the SPS 2019 in Nuremberg, Germany, will have the opportunity to experience the integrated solution live at the Rhebo booth or the INSYS icom booth. At the trade fair, Rhebo will present version 2.8 of its Rhebo Industrial Protector. The version of the network monitoring solution, which will be released in November, extends the OT security functions by, among other things:
- Application and Threat Database: Threat intelligence on known vulnerabilities and information on typical applications;
- Active Asset Discovery: minimally invasive inventory of all assets and associated details.
In two lectures Rhebo will also discuss the most pressing challenges of Industrial Security and Continuity for industrial companies. At the VDMA Forum, CEO Klaus Mochalski will explain the implementation and results of a cost-efficient proof-of-concept for evaluating security levels and necessary mitigation measures for their ICS. On the last day, Dr. Frank Stummer, responsible for Business Development at Rhebo, will illuminate how an availability-driven and, at the same time, capacity-limited ICS can be optimally secured using integrative and edge computing approaches.
Visit Rhebo at the SPS IPC Drives 2019:
- Rhebo booth: Hall 6-150A
- INSYS icom booth: Hall 5-232
- Expert lecture: »Industrial Security Use Case: PoC in Networked Productions. From Concept to Implementation of Cybersecurity and Process Stability.«, Klaus Mochalski, Tuesday, November 26 – 11:20am, VDMA Forum (Hall 5)
- Expert lecture:»Industrial Security and Edge Computing – Comprehensive Cybersecurity from Network to Endpoint.«, Dr. Frank Stummer, Thursday, November 28 – 12:20am, Forum Hall 3
Get your free SPS 2019 Ticket.
Read more about the integration of Rhebo on INSYS icom Routers: https://www.insys-icom.com/en/portfolio-en/network-monitoring-with-anomaly-detection/
Rhebo is the only independent European company providing cybersecurity as well as stability for industrial control systems (ICS) in industrial and critical infrastructure companies. The German company’s solutions monitor all communication within the ICS, and reliably report attacks, vulnerabilities as well as technical error states. Thus, Rhebo supports operators of ICS to increase cybersecurity, productivity and availability of their systems and plants, and to safeguard the digital transformation of their processes.
In this role, the company is actively involved in the Alliance for Cyber Security of the Federal Office for Information Security (BSI), the Teletrust - Bundesverband IT-Sicherheit e.V. and the Bitkom Security Management Working Group to develop standards and technical guidance.
Contact Rhebo PR at the trade fair